The Docker Fundamentals training course features the foundational concepts and practices of containerization on a single Docker node. The course offers learners the opportunity to assimilate basic container orchestration and how to scale Docker across multiple nodes in a simple swarm cluster. This course provides essential foundational knowledge for subsequent Docker courses.
All delegates will receive an Official Docker Inc. Certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Developers, operators, and architects desiring a strong foundation in Docker technologies and an introductory hands-on experience building, shipping, and running Docker containers.
By the end of the course successful learners will be able to:
– Understand the foundations of containerization on a single Docker node
– Create an image using Dockerfile best practices
– Use volumes in the application development process
– Apply concepts of the Docker networking model
– Understand the goal of services as a method of scaling containers
– Utilize two different orchestrators (Swarm and Kubernetes) to deploy a single application across multiple machines
– Create a secret and understand its accessibility capabilities
– The Docker Story
– Introduction to Images
– Creating Images
– System Commands
– Docker Networking Basics
– Docker Compose
– Scaling out with Swarm Mode and Kubernetes
– Managing Secrets
Each participant will be provided with separate VMs on Cloud to work on the hands-on lab sessions.
Lunch, Snacks and Tea / Coffee will be provided during the training days.
£ 995 GBP (excluding VAT)
€ 1350 Euro (excluding VAT/BTW)
Lab Sessions will start at: 09:00 AM
– Laptops for training purposes will be provided.